Saturday, January 17, 2015

In Which My Husband Has Written a Novel


The book above is very near and dear to my heart, but you won't find me writing a review of it. Reckless Magus, the first of many adventures of Abraxus Spellchaser, was published in 2013 by my husband, Donald Schlaich. I don't think that I could give a fair review because of my relationship to the author, but I did want to brag and promote his book like a good book blogger wife. 

Here's the synopsis from Amazon:

Abraxas Spellchaser has been a student of magic under his father since his eleventh birthday. Since he began that training, over a decade has passed, and Abraxas, known as Abe to his family and friends, thinks he's ready to take the final test and prove himself to both his father and the magical community that he deserves the title of "Magician," the most skilled of all of those who possess the gift of magic. His father gave him a simple test, walk between the worlds using his magic and return to their home in the Endless City. It's a magic Abe's known and practiced for almost five years. It should be simple. Right up to the point where Abe attempts to open the door between worlds and is knocked out from a strange backlash as he attempts to use his magic. From there, he is drawn into a web of intrigue and a game centuries old as he tries to figure out what is going on and how he can get home.

I honestly feel that it's a pretty decent book, but I could be biased. He would really appreciate any and all reviews, good or bad, so if anyone is interested in reviewing the book, let him or I know. The book is available in both print and electronic formats. You can contact him at don.schlaich@gmail.com and, of course, you can always e-mail me at gabrielreads@gmail.com.  

Don is currently hard at work editing the second novel in this series and will be doing an author interview on this blog next week, Thursday. 

A review of Katherine McIntyre's Snatched will be up tomorrow at 8 am. 

-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment